When you’re heating pump goes out, your mind may wander to the worst possible scenarios. Will it be an experience to fix the heating pump? Does it need to be replaced or repaired? Contacting heating experts in Clearwater, Florida, is the best way to answer these questions. We at Pinellas offer heat pump installation at a fraction of the cost of other professionals. In addition, you can get up to $17,000 off if you need a heat pump replacement.
As part of our evaluation, our professionals will ask you about your preferences regarding the existing heat pump. Then, it’s up to you if you want the heat pump repaired or completely replaced. Of course, we will help you make the right choice with our guidance.
For heat pump installation or replacement in Clearwater, Flordia, call us at (727) 732-2803.
The Benefits of Heat Pumps
Often homeowners will choose repairs over a heating installation. However, heating repair is not always the best option.
But, why is this? In the following sections, you’ll discover five reasons it’s better to get heat pump installation services than repair your old one.
High-Quality Cooling & Heating
If your current heating pump is ten years old or older, it may use outdated technology. Many new HVAC systems and heating pumps have advanced technology that efficiently cools and heats your home. This new technology also helps you save more money due to it using less energy.
As said above, you save more money when you get updated heat pump installation. Modern heat pumps operate faster and more effectively than older models. The updated models allow your heating to run less, and you’ll save energy.
After a few years, your heating pump will break down more. This will cause you to need heating repair more often than you prefer. Of course, repairs can become costly, making heat pump installation an effective solution to your problems.
Lower Humidity Levels
Homes in Florida are plagued by extreme heat and humidity. However, with a new heat pump installation, your home will stay comfortable and dry all year.
The Types of Heat Pumps Available
Heat pumps come in different types, each with its advantages. So, consider these differences when replacing your heating system and what may offer better heating and cooling.
Central Handling Heat Pumps
Those with a central air heating pump will have an electric or gas furnace. A unit draws air into its system and pushes it back into your home. This action happens both when you heat or cool the house.
Heat pumps can be piped into the same system, allowing you to continue using your existing ductwork. For example, you can use this if you already have a central air conditioner and want to replace both with a heat pump.
Ductless Mini-Split Heat Pumps
In this system, smaller air handlers are mounted to an exterior wall throughout your house. As a result, your home will be more comfortable and efficient due to better temperature control.
The Signs That Its Time For A Replacement
You will eventually have to replace your heat pump at some point. So, it’s essential for you to know the signs of when it’s time for a heat pump installation.
- Old Unit: If it has been over fifteen years or more since you last had your heating pump replaced, it’s time for a new one. In Florida, heating systems usually last between eight to twelve years. This is due to airborne salt and high humidity levels so, if you can’t remember when the last time it’s been replaced, it’s time for a new one.
- Unit Won’t Cycle: This is an obvious sign that it’s time for a replacement. If your repairs are adding up and nothing is fixing this issue, let your old heating pump go and welcome a new one.
- Loud Noises: If your heating pump makes loud noises such as rattling, hissing, or clanging, it may be at the end of its useful life.
- Increased Maintenance Costs: As your heating pump get’s closer to the end of its service life, it’ll cost more in maintenance. Pay attention to how much you’re spending on heating repair.
- Increased Utility Costs: Your heating and cooling bill will start rising when it’s time to replace your system.
- Major Repairs: If you must replace the condensing coil or heat pump compressor, it’ll make more sense to replace the unit. This is because replacing these elements will require the professional to refrigerate and recharge the system. To avoid this extra cost, replacing the heating unit is better.
Heat Pump Installation Services from Pinellas Comfort Systems
At Pinellas, we’re committed to ensuring your home stays comfortable throughout the year. So if you’re looking for heat pump installation in Clearwater, Florida, you can count on us to exceed your needs.